Friday, May 18, 2007

Rain

One rainy afternoon I was driving along one of the main streetsof town, taking those extra precautions necessary when theroads are wet and slick.

Suddenly, my daughter, Aspen , spoke up from her relaxed position in her seat. "Dad, I'mthinking of something."

This announcement usually meant she had been pondering somefact for a while, and was now ready to expound allthat her six-year-old mind had discovered. I was eager to hear.

"What are you thinking?" I asked.

"The rain!" she began, "is like sin, and the windshieldwipers are like God wiping our sins away."

After the chill bumps raced up my arms I was able to respond."That's really good, Aspen."

Then my curiosity broke in. How far would this little girl takethis revelation? So I asked... "Do you notice how the rainkeeps on coming? What does that tell you?"

Aspen didn't hesitate one moment with her answer:"We keep on sinning, and God just keeps on forgiving us."

I will always remember this whenever I turn my wipers on.
In order to see the Rainbow, you must first endure some Rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home